Wednesday 25 July 2012

Dancing Myself Dizzy


After a really tiring few weeks which ended with a long week of very early mornings working on Daybreak, was I ready for some me time.  I’d been so looking forward to a few days away with my two friends Chris and Kirsty, and now here we were, all packed and ready to go at the airport.  The last time Kirsty and I were here, we were heading to India for our 485Km charity cycle trek for Great Ormond Street Hospital, but this time it was all about FUN!!! 


This trip was a treat to myself; it was a break from the nursery run, from work and all the household chores.  I knew Betsy was in great hands with Lee, so I knew I had nothing to worry about there as they both love spending quality time together. So it was an opportunity to take myself back in time and let the party loving side of me loose, and dance myself dizzy!!!!


We only had four days in Ibiza, but we made every second count. We stayed in the North of the island which is very quiet, so we were very lucky that Kirsy had decided that she did not want to drink and kindly offered to be our very own personal taxi service. Chris, who is a really good friend that I’ve known for years, had warned Kirsty that she was likely to have two VERY drunken casualties by the end of the night, but she was still happy to oblige.



I can’t believe how much we crammed in. We ate tapas in the Old Town, and partied at Space night club and Eden.  We also went to the recently opened Ocean Beach Club.  There were a lot of paparazzi there and you may have seen pictures of me dancing along in the pool to Sister Sledge who were playing there?  However, the highlight for me was seeing David Guetta in an open air venue and dancing away into the small hours.     





When I’m at home I don’t go to clubs at all, so I was making sure that I used up my years quota of dancing in four days!  Even though, we stayed out late I made sure that I made the most of the beautiful sunshine, as the weather has been so bad in the UK that I was determined to make the most of the rays, and was out by the pool early every day. I was sad to leave Ibiza, I had a wonderful time, relaxing and being carefree, but it was back to reality, and back to the rain!!!!  But even the rain couldn’t dampen my spirits with Lee and Betsy waiting at home for me.



As soon as I got back I had to arrange something special for my hubby Lee’s birthday.  He was away on his actual birthday touring with his show West End Men, and was feeling a bit fed up that he couldn’t spend it with us.  So, to make it up to him, I planned a special night a few days later.  Lee thought that we were going out for dinner with friends, but I surprised him with a private pod on the London Eye.  It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it, especially now, as it’s such a special time to be in London, the Union Jack’s were everywhere! 





We then went for a meal at the Cube restaurant on the Southbank and ate the most wonderful food, and had a sneaky glass of champagne.  To continue his birthday, the following day we had dinner, with more friends at Mango Tree, a fabulous Thai restaurant, so I think it’s safe to say that Lee really enjoyed his birthday after all!!!  All I feel I’ve done since I’ve been home is eat and drink…..All that dancing must have worked up an appetite!  So after a week of indulgence, it’s back to work. 



I was proud to be asked to become ambassador to the We Are Women campaign.  Its chosen charity this year is Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust.  I was inspired when I watched the documentary about Jade Goody, and seeing all the young women talk about their fight with cervical cancer.  It really hit a nerve with me as it’s one of the cancers that we don’t seem to be that aware of.  As women, we all know that smear tests are not pleasant and we can make all sorts of excuses to put it off, but watching this program really motivated me to get involved and lend my voice to encourage women to go for a smear test, as those few unpleasant minutes could save your life.  For more information please go to Facebook.com/wearewomenuk



The next few days for me are very busy, but the sun is shining, so perhaps our prayers have been answered and summer is actually here? One good thing about the awful weather is that there are plenty of sales on.  I managed to nip out between filming yesterday and nab myself a lovely little sundress in the French Connection sale. So although we can’t count on the weather, the one thing we can count on is that all us girls love a bargain.