Thursday 21 June 2012

Red, White and Blues


What a weekend!!!  How fab is it to be British, after four days of celebrations, of street parties and union Jack’s, forget about the reds and the whites, I certainly have the post jubilee blues.

Isn’t it fantastic how the whole country comes together to celebrate the reign of our great monarch for her diamond jubilee.  Like most people we had arranged to attend a jubilee party but sadly, my little girl Betsy had chicken pox so the three of us spent it at home watching avidly on the TV.

Although I had to work over the weekend we still managed to have a fantastic time with lots of lovely food and drink….and cheering at her Maj.
Filming the Lorraine Show for ITV.
Dress by M&S .

On Bank holiday Monday I filled in for the lovely Lorraine on her ITV show. Then rushed back home to Lee and Betsy where we settled down to watch the big concert outside the palace.  The highlight for me was my hero, Kylie Minogue, both Lee and I were sitting on the sofa singing along to our hearts content.

Then on Tuesday I was at Smooth HQ to record my bank holiday Jubilee special where I got to chat about people’s experience of meeting the royal family and play some top tunes.

As the festivities came to a close both Lee and I felt a little deflated and had post Jubilee blues.  However, we have the London Olympics coming soon so let’s hope the country will come together again and get behind Team GB.  Come on Great Britain lets show the rest of the world what we do best….. Throw a bloody good party!